Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wowzers.

I am working out some new years resolutions. I had a patient explain to me that the first two weeks of the new year are for contemplating your resolutions and being sure that it's something that you can do. Instead of doing them for two weeks and then failing. SO they are made and I have high hopes.

Anyways, a couple weeks ago I had a patient who came in for an initial appointment and while I was doing a head and neck exam noticed a dark area on his neck.
I asked the patient about it and he said it was growing and that he had noticed that. We decided to send him to an oral surgeon for a biopsy of it. The biopsy came back as Malignant Melanoma. The patient went in the following week and had the area removed.  The surgeon told him that they believed they got it all and it hadn't metastasized. He came in this week and told us that he didn't know how to thank us.

That was an awesome outcome and precisely why we do head and neck cancer screenings for our patients.

I'm ready for a vacation, somewhere tropical. With good friends. so good friends need apply. Let's do it.

2 comments:

  1. So crazy! I bet you feel like you saved that dude's life. Umm cruise in July? I am most likely going with my mom and maybe a couple others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's amazing, Castles! I'm so proud of you. :) (Now that I've discovered your blog, I'll read it all the time!)

    ReplyDelete